Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Think and Grow Rich

This poem is inspired by reading for the second time the classic book “Think and Grow Rich” by Napoleon Hill. It was written around the time of the Great Depression – the first one!- and the writing style is dated with regards to gender and race, which makes me cringe. That said I am amazed at the underlying philosophy and ethics. The daily practices are ironically the very things that support any manifestation process, magical or spiritual. It follows on directly from a brilliant women’s visioning workshop I was in at the Hallows Gathering.

The book is full of the intangibles that rich white men have used to get and stay that way and insights into the clutter we have that keeps us from wealth in all areas of lives. I kept wishing someone had given this to me years ago.

I kept wishing that more women could read it, perhaps then we could share some of that money and power, reinvent the world. I feel so passionately about this that I signed up as an affiliate with a company that is giving away free copies. The book is actually in the public domain, so there are plenty of free eBook versions, but I personally like to have my hands on the paper. I want to give away as many as I can, to women of all ages, races, shapes and sizes. I want to give it to all the teens I meet. The book really is free, but of course, they do try to sell you courses or other products, but nothing too invasive.

Do I sound ‘born-again’, sorry if I do. Knowing me, it will pass soon – it’s one of the curse-blessings of ADD. I am interested in talking with other intelligent women about the book and perhaps supporting each other through the process. I am sick and tired of the spiritual poverty track and ready for spiritual wealthy ;-)

Anyway, if you are interested in the book or becoming an affiliate to get the word out about the free copies there’s a link on the book at the top of  the blog.

Wishing you all prosperous blessings, and I hope you enjoy the poem. I am working on posting them more regularly again in the near future.
Ziji Salaam

Think and Grow Rich

learning she teaches
teaching she shines
hungry she dances
dancing she dines

old failure she knows
knowing with vision
her clarity grows
passionate mission

her purpose to serve
serving not taking
takes wisdom and nerve
moral awakening

go getters are out
go givers are in
with faith she’s devout
authentic she’ll win

mastermind focus
decisions that itch
thought hocus pocus
through practice grows rich

No comments:

Post a Comment